If your pet has been scheduled for an upcoming surgery in the near future we have put down all the information you would need to know for pre and post care. Also some information of the surgical process. We hope to make your pet's surgery day as easy and stress free as possible. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us.
THE NIGHT BEFORE SURGERY
- Withhold all food and water after 11:59pm
- If you are currentlyadministering any medications, vitamins and/or injections, withhold the morningdoses unless otherwise instructed by the doctor.
- Please make arrangements for your pet to be dropped off on the morning of scheduled surgery between 8-9 am so that we may start the pre-op blood work.
ON SURGERY DAY
On your pets’ surgery day, we require you to review and sign an Authorization/Estimate Form. We require a phone number(s) where you can be reached surgery day.
You are welcome to check up on your pet’s status, however, we request that you allow plenty of time for your pet’s procedure to be done. At this time, we will be able to give you an idea when your pet may be discharged.
When you arrive to take your pet home, the receptionist will bill you out and the veterinary nurse will go over all discharge orders verbally and give you a written copy. If you do not understand any instructions, please do not hesitate to ask them to go over them one more time. Generally, we tell clients to:
- Feed their pet a third of what they normally eat
- Stitches are normally taken out 10 days post surgery.
We hope surgery day will be a pleasant experience. Remember, our team knows surgery can be an anxious time and we are always available to answer any and all questions concerning the upcoming procedure.
We look forward to serving you and your pet on the upcoming surgery day and years to come.